Eureka! I am registered for the TBEX 2016 conference, taking place in Manila, Philippines from October 13 – 16. If you don’t already know, TBEX is the world’s largest travel blog exchange, held thrice annually on three continents, Europe, Asia and North America. The conference offers an amazing platform for travel bloggers, writers, content creators, and social media savvy travel industry professionals. It is also an immensely important conference for the the travel blogging community, a great place for travel bloggers to network, meet and connect with sponsors, social media experts and their travel-blogging peers, and even do business.
Philippines makes the perfect venue for the 2016 Asia edition of the conference, with so much to offer to everyone of all ages, from pristine beaches and amazing landscapes to its unique cuisine. I am intrigued to learn more by this famed archipelago which boasts over 7,000 islands. Why? Because I hail from the Maldives, a small island nation in the Indian Ocean with 1,200 islands threatened by climate change and the rising sea levels, the island nation was a popular and expensive tourist destination until 2009, local island guesthouses began emerging with an amendment in tourism regulations that began to officially allow tourists to stay among the local population, amid rapid fall and slowing growth in tourist arrivals and occupancy of its upmarket resorts in recent months. Philippines has slowly started being recognized as a fantastic backpacker and tourist destination and it will be the tipping point in Philippines tourism when over 600 travel bloggers around the globe converge for the massive conference.
The Island Logic is still an infant searching its niche in the vast internet ocean, hopefully participating at TBEX Asia 2016, Manila will be a step in the right direction for professional travel blogging in the savvy travel industry. I am excited and proudly label myself as the one and only individual travel blogger from the Maldives attending TBEX Asia 2016, Manila (As far as I know).
If you are a travel blogger looking forward to expand your audience, reach new eyeballs, generate revenue and are able to travel to the Philippines in October 2016, I strongly recommend that you register for TBEX Manila 2016 and arrive Manila a week before and depart a week after TBEX Asia to discover the beaches of Palawan and explore the islands of Boracay, Batanes, Calaguas and Bohol. You’ll see why the Philippine islands are consistently voted as the best islands in the world and experience why it’s more FUN in the Philippines. Considering the resources, training, networking opportunities with fellow bloggers and the likeliness of receiving a sponsorship are sufficient for a registration fee of $157.
Click here to register for TBEX Asia 2016 (Manila, Philippines)
The general TBEX itinerary are as follows:
- PreBEX Tours – Offered two days prior the conference, usually conducted in half-day and full-day tours to give you an insight of the host destination. This is a wonderful opportunity to get to know and discover a new destination, collect new material and content for your blog.
- Opening Keynote Session – The first two days of the conference usually offer fascinating topics related to the travel industry and well known travel bloggers express their opinions.
- Breakout Sessions – Two sessions before lunch and another after, each with a duration of 50 minutes.
- Speed Networking – A two hour period in the afternoon allocated for bloggers to network with DMO’s, tourism boards, CVB’s, travel brands etc. Each meeting is segmented by 10-minute intervals.
- Post-TBEX Tours – Commonly available depending on the location of the host destination and what they offer.
I am also looking forward to meet other travel bloggers attending the TBEX Asia 2016. If you are, please leave a comment here or shout through my social media channels or drop me a note, so we could arrange to meet up for a coffee somewhere or even travel together on Pre or Post event trips.
Visit tbexcon.com/2016-asia to get to know insider details so that you can plan and maximize the TBEX Asia event.